The Relationships Alliance, led by Relate, Marriage Care, OnePlusOne and the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships (TCCR), exists to ensure that good quality personal and social relationships are strengthened in policy and implementation. Our vision is a future in which strong and stable couple, family, and social relationships are the basis of a thriving society.
Founded in 2013, we have sought to:
- Champion the importance of relationships so that they are valued in all aspects of public policy and across national and local government.
- Help media, politicians, policy makers and public service providers to understand how relationships matter.
- Generate and disseminate high quality information, insight and research on the importance and impact of supporting relationships.
- Grow the market place for relationship support so that more relationships are supported in more ways.
- Develop the capacity of the local relationships support sector so that they are able to adapt to rapidly changing public policy.
Some of the key things we have done as an Alliance can be read in Key Achievements Relationships Alliance 2013-15
Each organisation contributes information, research and briefings on behalf of the Relationships Alliance.
Marriage Care’s resources for the local relationship support sector are:
The Relationships Alliance also works with the Relationships Alliance Network, which is a collection of third sector organisations who believe in supporting relationships.