Attend a Preparing Together day
Our marriage preparation day, Preparing Together, is a one-day workshop for groups of up to 12 couples. It is normally held on Saturdays (or over a series of evenings), organised by our local centres across England and Wales.
Enjoyable, revealing and rewarding, you’ll be encouraged to consider things you may not even be aware you need to think about. All in a safe, supportive environment, where no one is forced to share anything they are uncomfortable with.
During the day, you will learn how your relationship grows when you deal with important issues in a constructive and loving way. We cover a lot of ground, including:
- the importance of talking and listening
- how to negotiate and solve problems
- what you expect from your relationship
- the way your family and childhood influence how you interact with each other.
All to help you cultivate a fulfilling life-long relationship.
Who runs the day?
The day is led by facilitators selected and trained by Marriage Care to the highest standards. They have a wealth of experience in working with couples and receive regular ongoing training and support.
Who can attend?
A lot of our couples are planning to marry in the Catholic Church but we welcome all couples considering a committed relationship such as marriage.
What do couples say about the day?
- “You don’t know you need it until you have attended!”
- “Incredibly useful. I will take a lot from this day into our future life together.”
- “It gave me an insight into how I deal with conflict and I learned that I can change how I react.”
- “Every couple should attend one of these courses – it was surprisingly helpful.”
- “Everybody participated but there was never any pressure.”
- “It was relaxed, informal and fun.”
Is there a fee?
Marriage Care is a registered charity and all our services are delivered by trained volunteers. We charge a fixed fee for our Preparing Together course that contributes to the costs of the day, the resources you are given and the behind the scenes facilitator training and preparation. Your local centre will indicate the amount you will need to pay to secure your booking.
My partner isn’t keen on doing the day.
What can I say to persuade him/her to come along? Find the answer to this and other frequently asked questions on our Marriage preparation FAQs page.
Alternatively, read about our other marriage preparation course: FOCCUS
Experienced relationship counsellors – Come and join us!
4 out of 5 clients would
Marriage Care to others.